poured my first clamshell

moon01945

I had to share that I poured my first clam shell tonight. I am playing with some Ky Para-Soy Tart/Votive Blend purchased off of here. I have been doing soaps for some time now and thought this would be fun and ya know I haven't spent enough on soaping supplies :shocked2: . When my BF/Fiance saw me melting wax he just shook his head and wandered away. :rolleyes2

Right now they are just going to be Christmas presents. They are white and I did peppermint for Christmas. Only did 1 lb and have like 12 more pounds to play with. :rolleyes2

Also I did 2 ounces for 1 lb of wax. I figured that was a good starting point, but then I did some checking and it may be high.

The informatino on KY wax that I am using states 10% max. That would be 1.6 ounces. So I am going to back off to that in the future. The flash point stuff has me scared.

Also I did 2 ounces for 1 lb of wax. I figured that was a good starting point, but then I did some checking and it may be high.

The informatino on KY wax that I am using states 10% max. That would be 1.6 ounces. So I am going to back off to that in the future. The flash point stuff has me scared.

This is from a previous post of Stella's regarding flash point:

icon1.png Re: flash points...

Flash point is not the same as ignition point. Flash point is the temperature that a substance will ignite:

1) in the presence of oxygen; and

2) in the presence of a source of ignition.

Without a source of ignition, the substance will not self-ignite.

This is important for shippers because of regulations, but once the FO is diluted in another medium (ie. wax, soap, etc.) its flash point changes closer to that of the substance in which it is diluted"

Here's the whole thread: