Shallow or deep tin for wickless candles?

lauramw71

I know there are a bazillion threads on wickless candles, but I can't seem to find an answer to this question. What works better, shallow or deep? Or does it not matter? I'm just going to put these on a cheapie walmart warmer for my own use. I have the 4630 wax on hand and planned on using that. (I tried my hand at making candles and WOW I have to hand it to you chandlers... it's NOT easy, so I think wickless will be better for me). I was looking at purchasing tins, and see I can get both, but just not sure which one will be better.

Thanks for the help!

Laura

I was looking at candlescience's tins and they have raised feet.. Is that ok with a wickless or do I not want that so it can sit all the way on the warmer? (As I'm typing this, it sure sounds likea dumb question. LOL)

Edited by lauramw71

The answer is... it depends. If it is a high temp warmer (like candlewarmers.com) the feet are not an issue. For JKL and other low temp warmers it is an issue.

As for shallow or deep the answer is just as easy... it depends. Shallow tins melt faster than the deeper tins but it also depletes the scent faster.

LOL Thanks for the help! I think I'll go feetless since Im going to just use the cheapie walmart candle plate.. And think I'll go with the deep 6oz ones, cuz don't wanna be burning that FO off too fast! Since I'm making these just for my house it should be fun to try to figure out how to make a bunch of different scented ones. I've only done a lb at a time in 1 scent.. Off to order! :)