Need to wick up container..

Okay, I said I wouldn't, but found I got about 5 lbs of J50 in a bunch of stuff I bought and thought what the heck? So, I have a straight sided jar 3 1/2" diameter, and the wick I thought would work can't get a FMP even after 3rd hour of second burn. So, I need to wick up. Question is - how do you guys get what's left out of the jar when you know there's no sense burning it all the way down? Since containers are new ground for me, I'm hesitant about how to accomplish this, so your suggestions would be much appreciated. TIA

If i really need to break down a container candle and reuse the wax I use the double boiler method. Place a pot or pan in the stove with water in it and place the container candle in the pot or pan. Once melted, remove the wick and either pout the wax into a new container or into the pouring pot.

Thanks - guess I don't really need to - just hate wasting it when I already know I need to wick up. Gotta say, I was so impressed with the way the J50 worked - I really didn't want to get into another venue, but this stuff is really sweet!

Question is - how do you guys get what's left out of the jar when you know there's no sense burning it all the way down?

It depends on what I'm doing. If I have the electric skillet going with water in it, I sometimes put it in that (on a jar ring). If I have a pour pot open, I set the container in the bare pour pot and set both on the warming tray with a cover on top of the pour pot. If I am cleaning out testers by melting them in the oven, it goes in with them. There are so many ways to melt wax in a container, maybe it's best to say how I DON'T do it.

I don't melt down a candle in the microwave if it has a metal tab in it - arcing, damage, fire.

I don't melt any candle in the oven without a pan underneath it in case the jar cracks

I don't melt wax in glass containers on direct heat.

When I melt down containers in the oven (200°F or less), I put a cookie rack in the bottom of a big pan, either set the candles on the rack upside down or right side up, depending on what I plan to do with the wax in the containers.