44-24-18 test

Hi,

I'm testing some parasoy, mostly para in a 2.75" jar. I am having good results with a 44-24-18 but I was wondering if any one had some suggestions for a CD size in this jar. I just want to try it and see the results next to the zinc because I am getting some serious shrooms with the zincs. thanks

I often use the IGI 6006 which I believe is 70% paraffin, and have tried both zinc and CD wicks. The zinc wicks have given me a much better HT than the CD, but CD wicks are ok to use with the 6006.

All my testers have reported same results; they preferred the candles wicked with zinc over the CD (they did not know which wick I used); claimed they had a stronger HT. I learned that if you use the correct zinc wick size and keep it trimmed, the shrooms are nearly non-existant. All I know is that they work better for me with the 6006 than all other wick types.

If you want to try CDs, perhaps start with a #10 and go up or down depending on your test results. I do not use any dyes or additives. I add 1oz. FO to 1 lb of 6006.

Curing time: 4-5 days. HTH

Thanks Ravens,

I'll give the CD a try but I too think that the zincs are a far superior burn and yes when trimmed they work great. My problem is getting my testers to trim them! I have a salon that wants to powerburn all day for "ambiance" but has called me to complain that when they finally blew the candle out , all the black bits from the mushroom had fallen into the liquid wax!!!! I explained the max burn times ec etc but they still insist on powerburning which in turn makes my candles look like doodoo. Any suggestions to tell them OR should I underwick the ones that I will be giving them to test burn?

Well, underwicking may not get rid of the shrooms and may affect HT and overall performance.

Stress the proper way to burn a candle (avoiding powerburning, etc.), put instructions and warning labels and if they continue to powerburn, just add another sticker that reads "You can't fix stupid":laugh2: Of course, I'm just kidding, don't add that last sticker, no matter how badly some customers may need it!