I got bored

So, I was testing and had some down time. I decided I'd make 4 containers out of the same wax, same amount of FO, same jar...except wick each one with a different wick to see if I could amp up the scent throw. I was perfectly pleased with what I had...but as I said...boredom.

I may be changing my wicks. Of course, the testing is only about 3 hours in but a different wick than I have been using is..at this point...throwing better than my usual wick.

I am comparing Eco, LX, CD & CSN. The CD is winning and it is not my usual wick. It is close to my usual wick where the other two I can already tell aren't going to make the cut.

I tossed a CD 14 in a 3-3/8" apoth. jar with my para/soy blend. I think it will be in the ballpark size wise the way it looks so far. If not it should only be a size or two off.

My notes tell me that when I tried CD in the past the jar got too hot...but we shall see.

I won't be re-wicking any of the already done jars if this turns out to continue this way but I will be changing for future jars.

I should of just cleaned when I got bored instead of playing with wax....

I know that feeling. I have always used CDN's in my soy / palm blend, and a local suppliers wicks in out palm pillars. Not entirely happy with the CDN's in some scents as in some they do tend to shroom a little. Went and ordered some HTP's in various sizes which I will test in my more "problematic" oils as see how they go. Why is it that you can really never leave anything alone, but always have to fiddle....LOL

So the ones that aren't throwing like you want, are you going to try a different size? Perhaps it's the size of wick that is inhibiting throw and not the type. Just wondering. Thought I'd give you something more to think about.

Also wondering, what size ECO, LX and CDN did you figure was the closest to the CD14 you were happy with?