Can a sugar cube scrub be made without M&P?

lsbennis

So far the cubes I have been experimenting with are made with M&P and to me it seems to make them too hard and have a dragging feel on my skin instead of smooth. So I made another batch with less M&P and they feel better but are kinda soft now. :rolleyes2 So I'm wondering if I add more hard butters like cocao that would make a difference...below is the recipe I used....

2.5 oz of shea M&P

4oz of refined shea butter

16oz of white sugar

2 Tbl of FCO

1 Tbl FO

...my last batch only had 1.5 oz of M&P and a little soft but felt better on the skin.

In my recipe I cut down the amount of M&P and added Kokum, prefer that over Cocoa, and some Mango with excellent results. But, I also use Emulsifying Wax in the recipe. Not sure that really contributes to the hardness tho, just holds everything together. These recipes are pretty flexible so give it a try. If anything, you'll have some nice scrub you can use while you reformulate. :cheesy2:

I prefer a scrub bar without soap. I don't have my ratios handy, but I use e-wax, stearic, cetyl, shea butter, mango butter, and oils. I then add sugar as it cools and I have a yummy scrubby bar. Search around here, there are a few recipes for in-shower lotion bars to get you started on that route.