beanies

Lightning Bug

My daughter in law wants another beanie. As you might remember, I learned to make nylon scrubbies a few years ago. That is as far as I've gotton. Does anyone have a stylish beanie pattern that is fairly easy? I've knit stocking caps, but this needs to be smaller looking. See how up to date on fashion I am? *shudder* I did practice making flowers and can do that to put on it. Also the granddaughter wants a wide headband with a big flower. Do you need to add something stretchy to the making? Please get me through another Christmas! TIA. Beth

Hi. I did get some and started to make them. But the first fits my head, but there is to much on the top so it doesn't lie smooth. It is like there is to much hat there. The next one I am making now has less stitches and is all double crochet. It has 12 less stitches around, but is seeming to lie flatter against the head. I am not yet accomplished enough to add or subtract from the patterns The yarn I bought is Caron's simply soft. It doesn't seem as thick as the worsted I am practicing on, so not sure what will happen with the size. I had sort of wanted something a bit fancier than just the same stitch, but if it works, so be it. I've looked at many online but hoped someone here had a never fail pattern to share. Thanks for the input, I know you crochet everything! Beth

for beanies for my daughter i always use the worsted and a bigger hook, you can do a very simple pattern and make it look fancy just by changing colors and making a scallop border around the bottom ive done that plenty of times and they turn out really nice. My kids usually want character beanies so im always adding eyes or some other strange thing they ask for. I'll try to find some pics of the ones ive made with a very simple beanie pattern.

Thanks DeAnna. I did see some cute animal ones...Not Sarah's style. And, I did find a headband pattern that I think will work for the granddaughter. So if the new yarn makes it to little, just use a bigger hook? I think a scallop around the bottom would look nice. With an added flower, maybe that is all it would need. Probably should just buy her one, but for some reason, want to make presents. She wanted crochet, but I'm a better knitter. Also, it doesn't mention any ribbing type stitch around the bottom, will it just stay on? I think I muat have loosened up on my stitching as it seems as big as the other. See the bumps on the one? Too fast of increases? post-365-139458486745_thumb.jpg Thanks again. Beth