How much wax in warmer?

sjconner

I have been reading and testing and reading and testing. How much wax should a customer put in their warmer?

There appear to be basically 3 warmer sizes - a small plug in, a medium warmer, and a large warmer. I put one of my .8 oz (mini cupcake size) melts in my large warmer. Once it melted, there was only about 1/8" to maybe 1/4" of wax in the large warmer bowl. Many warning labels I have seen posted on this forum say at least 1/2" of wax. I assume this is for fire hazard reasons. Does it also help with the scent strength?

I plan on eventually selling 3 oz clamshells. Should I advise customers to put at least 3 to 4 cubes of wax in a medium to large melter?

Susan

My large warmer holds all six cubes my small plugin only fit two but was very close to the top every warmer is different. I know my neighbor has a medium size warmer and she will fill it till its about to pool over but then again all my suggestions to her she shrugs off so I guess people will do whatever they want regardless of what you try to tell them