4627 blended with soy in tarts

DirtyBetty

Hi all. I have been lurking for awhile but finally decided to post. For nearly 7 years I made soap and other b&b but over the last few months my skin decided it no longer wants to get along with any scented products. Silly me thought well I'll use up all these FOs I have making tarts. It'll be easy and fun since there's no wicking involved! Wrong lol...

I have tried Ecosoya PB on it's on. I've also blended it with CBA, Xcel, and 464 in varying amounts. The PB/464 blended 25/75 gave me the best HT out of all the combinations I tried. But it still doesn't last as long or throw as well as I'd like, even if I cure them for a month. I started with soy because I can buy it locally, but now I'm thinking I'd like to add paraffin. I can get 4627 the same place I get the soy but only in 25lb. blocks. I have spent the last few days reading about this wax and it's awesome HT but most of the posts are about using it in containers. I only want to do tarts.

I'm thinking of starting by mixing the PB with 4627 70/30, the 30% being the 4627. Does anybody use this wax in tarts? Do you notice an improvement in the HT? I make tarts in portion cups and clamshells. I know this is a soft wax so I'm wondering if I can add 4627 in a low enough amount that the tarts will still get hard enough, but high enough amount that I'll notice an improvement in the throw. I know I'm going to have to play with the percentages until I find what works for me but I guess I just want some reassurance that someone else has successfully used this wax in tarts before I buy 25lbs. of it. I'm used to experimenting with little 1lb. bags, so this is kind of a big step for me, lol! Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Personally I get a slightly stronger throw with pb/4627 @ 75/25% but I use PB/464 combo most of the time. The difference to me is not worth the extra few cents. My customers don't notice at all and would prefer a wholly soy product so that is what I produce. I do suggest you try it though, never hurts to try and if you can get wicking down 4627 is an awesome throwing candle wax. Good luck

I popped a PB tart into my burner today that I made last October. NG's Pumpkin Crunch Cake and also Sweet Orange Chili Pepper. They smelled like they were only a week old and filled my entire office suite. Today they were burning at 16 hours and still going strong.

PB has always for me taken a while to fully develop but it throws very nicely.