gw 464 for ky tart wax

I know this is probably inappropriate to post in this board but I am so impatient. I only have 4 days till my thirty days and I just can't wait so if its removed I understand. But...I have two unopened cases of gw 464 and am looking to sell them for 40 each or id do a trade two boxes of 464 for one unopened box of ky parasoy votive and tart wax. I want to try a different tart wax but the Hubby says I need to make room for it booo lol

I have an idea for you. First of all search and read about the KY tart wax. There are some not so good reviews and KY is closed now so I wouldn't advise testing a wax that is discontinued. Granted, RE said they were going to carry it, but you never know for how long and no other supplier has that blend.

Here's what I would do. If you're wanting to try and make tarts then get yourself 10 lbs of paraffin to blend with the 464 you already have. I would recommend the IGI4794 votive wax and blend it 50/50 for starters. The IGI4794 you can find at many suppliers and it's been around awhile. I'd keep the 464, using it for candles and tarts (blended for tarts) and work with it until you master it. Perseverance will pay off. JMHO

Well your very true I have about ten cases of 464 and have mastered it in candles and used it for my own personal tarts. I know re sells it I have already checked its just something I want to test weather I fail or not I have tried some pillar blends I just like testing every thing out there I guess I'm just not allowed to bring anymore wax home till I get rid of some stuff to make room so what's the biggest thing I have right now my boxes of wax Haha

Why not try mixing them?I mix a bit of 464 in my ky tart wax and love the results, smooth tops, great ct and ht, colors well. Unfortunately I cant give you a specific amount. I use a turkey fryer and through trail and error, I have found that covering about an inch or so of the bottom with 464 and filling the rest of the way with ky wax gives me the results I'm looking for. If I had to guess Id say about 5-6 cups melted 464 to about 20 lbs of ky. So its a small amount. Too much 464 makes it too hard to remove from tart melters and makes to throw less. Ky wax is now sold by rustic essentals I think, I havent had to buy any since ky closed.

Edited by dixiegal

I know this is probably inappropriate to post in this board but I am so impatient. I only have 4 days till my thirty days and I just can't wait so if its removed I understand. But...I have two unopened cases of gw 464 and am looking to sell them for 40 each or id do a trade two boxes of 464 for one unopened box of ky parasoy votive and tart wax. I want to try a different tart wax but the Hubby says I need to make room for it booo lol

You can email me at tara_eveland@yahoo.com i am interested in them. why would your post be removed though? im confused lol.

Well I do still have tons of 464 and was going to try to mix them anyways for fun but thank you for the info ..I didn't even get this post until tonight and I posted in the classifies someone is interested in the wax but if it doesn't work out ill email you so sorry if I seen this sooner I would have gave you a shout.. and I believed it would be removed since its not in the right forum section lol