Single wick issue or just plain wick issue?

I had it in my mind I was going to order a parasoy blend, but I recently made candles using Cargill c3. I really Love this wax - makes a beautiful candle! I got zero frosting and smooth tops...but the issue I am having is right around the wick.... it seems like the wax ONLY around the wick is slightly bulbous and somewhat seperated - I single wicked using HTP1212 and a 798 wick (from Wick-it.com) in a 16oz (22oz overflow) jar (4" diam).

Is this is a single wick issue or just a plain wick issue? (assuming the wick IS the issue, lol)

Thanks for the help ! :)

p.s. I am going to stick with using Cargill c3 so any suggestions using this wax will be much appreciated!! TIA!!! :yay:

CBA and C3 are VERY different waxes.

When asking about appearance issues, in addition to the wax type, it really helps to state the temps at which you did things - melted to? Added FO & dye at? Poured at?

Shake the wick around a little as it cools and/or hit it LIGHTLY with a heat gun. If your tops smooth, and there is no frosting and all you are faulting is a little bulging up or cracking directly around the wick, don't mess with the entire candle just to please that teensy imperfection!! PICTURES HELP!!

Have you started/completed your wick testing for this candle? If not, I'd sure worry about getting the wicking correct before I worried about a cosmetic issue...

Edited by Stella1952

Thanks, that would be helpful now wouldn't it.... :D C3 melted completely at around 140F, I heated to 175F and added the fragrance and dye and poured at 160F (16oz) and 150F (5oz).

I'll try the tip you gave also Stella! Thank you !!! I drive myself crazy with 'teensy imperfections', LOL! I just want PERFECT! hehe :)

I am using HTP wicks now, but I have tried others and HTP seems to work the best so far!!

I will post pics asap !!! - camera issue atm. :/

Thanks for the help !