Carved candles wax in europe

Hello all,

I've been trying to make carved candles, but I am not able to find the correct wax. I've tried 140 MP wax without additives (as advised in http://onestopcandle.com/candle/cutcurl01.php), but it is not flexible enough, and it breaks just seconds after starting to cut. Is any additive needed? What type of wax should I use?

Also, I've seen a lot of places where wax can be bought in the US, but almost none in europe. Customs add considerable costs, time, and effort (additional paperwork is needed) when buying from here (Spain). Does anyone knows where can I buy this type of wax in europe?

Thank you all and sorry for my english :)

Hello EricofAZ,

First of all, thank you for your response :)

The problem with using this additive is that I can't find it europe. I'm beginning to think that I'll have to buy from US (customs are a nightmare) :(

I've found people talking about using IGI 1343 alone to make the core and the dips. Is this valid?

Thank you again :)

I use IGI 1343 for cut/curl. Its not bad, actually, probably the best on the market. Better than the Candlewic 4045. You probably don't need any additive with 1343, but watch the pigment. I added some mica in one for a neat looking effect and that had the side effect of interfering with the 'stickyness' of the wax. I used some titanium dioxide in the white and same problem. In fact, I'm not sure the microsere is fixing it so I might need to just toss the wax (or make firestarters with it).

Dyes bleed which is not good either. Maybe just the liquid pigments without any mica or anything. I'm going to try that next.

Yeah, I think if you can get 1343 then you won't have to deal with customs on the microsere.

Edited by EricofAZ

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Dear friend

i found your topic almost at any candle forum,

i'm from Greece, and also have the same problem,

i used a lot of type wax mostly from sasol wax, i bought many items from USA but the import charges and the shipping is too expensive. i'm a new art candle almost 1 year and i tried to find solutions by myself looking on internet, and everything about cut and curved candles, such a pigments, wax, titanium dioxide, acrylic glaze, and all the necessary details for cut and curl candles

i've made last week by myself a water tank with 14 vats on it, and i'm looking to buy the right wax, because the quantity is about 300 kilos for the beginning.

so if you want we can shear our knowledge together, i can help you for thinks that you don't know , and you to me,

to find all the correct products as required for cut and curl candles, and also the secrets of the contraction.

so if you are interesting please inform me, with PM

thanks

George from Greece