OBI Plug-In Warmers

Alajane

Of course, all the electric warmers are plug-in, but I'm referring to the night-ligiht style that "sits in the outlet" (for want of a better description). Has anyone tried these. I had a Scentsy warmer in that style that gave a great scent throw. Ordered a few of these and tried one in the same outlet where I had used the Scentsy--almost NO scent throw! My thought is that the bulb included is too low in wattage.

Was curious if anyone else had tried these and how the scent throw is in yours.

TIA

Jane

I can't remember if the one I used came from OBI or somewhere else -- ordered a bunch of them a couple of years ago through a co-op here and kept one for myself. NOT IMPRESSED!! I put mine in the bathroom and I tried several different tarts (even my strong ones) and it barely put out any throw. It's now collecting dust in the cabinet.

I agree. I checked out the Scentsy website and saw that theirs uses a 15-watt bulb, so I thought no problem--I'll replace the bulb in my OBI warmer with a 15-watt. NOT! I went to a hardware store, an electrical supply store, and a "house of lighting" that only sells lighting products--nobody had ever heard of a 15-watt bulb in that size. So I called a Scentsy dealer and ordered 15 bulbs from her. Got them yesterday, replaced the bulb in my OBI warmer, and perfect scent throw!

I had only bought 4 of that style warmer to resell, and I'm going to replace all the bulbs before putting them out for sale.

I use and have sold a a few of these - maybe 50 - 60 in the last year. I like them and have many repeat buyers. I'm not sure what buying a Scentsy 15 watt would do for them that the 15 watt bulb that comes with wouldn't do. And you'll love the OBI customer service!

SafetySue, I agree completely. I assumed the bulb in the OBI warmer was less than 15 watt because it didn't get nearly as hot as the Scentsy one I replaced it with, and I couldn't find anything on the OBI website saying what wattage the included bulbs are. Did you find that info somewhere that I'm overlooking?

Also, it's good to find someone else who has used these little warmers. It seems the ones most people use are the ones that don't "sit" in the wall plug but have a cord. I really like this style and was very happy to find it at OBI with a removable cup to pour out the melted wax instead of having to wait until it hardens to pop it out.

Thanks,

Jane

Been looking around the OBI site ... they have candle warmers that take 25 watt and oil warmers that take 35 watt bulbs ...

but they only sell the 35 what bulbs for the oil warmers.

::::: shakes head :::::

No where could I find where it said what wattage the little plug-in warmers used.

adding..........

Scentsy full size warmers use 25 watt

their mid size uses 20 watt

and plug-ins use 15 watt

candlewarmer.com's warmers use 45 watt I believe. sheesh. too many different little bulbs to keep up with !!!

Edited by LadyJo

I couldn't find it on the description of the warmer, either, but after my earlier post I looked through the "warmer" section and did find replacement bulbs--if you want a case of 500! I really think the bulb that came in the warmer I tested was a lower wattage, though, because when I replaced it last night with a Scentsy bulb I got a good throw almost immediately.

I googled night light bulbs and most of the wattages were 7w or 10w.

Then I searched for 15 watt night light bulbs and I found this...

iU9qHFI9rpV7CMh-sebkW7VR4ruDNn0yGunTcAEYGlC7fM1Br8MJQ4irMoqmTpqQYcCL_dXAq7gkWAjSiL5Iy70znf1UvycZ8xEWsdWSwnKpLfGbh-vBu4nt4T97riGxDMv571kRww5FtJcaMKRHjessNtZ-oP17=s90-c

$1.25

eCrater - ckays

15 Watt Steady Burn Light Bulb

15 WATT CLEAR LIGHT BULB **SAME SIZE AS A NIGHT LIGHT BULB BUT THE WATTAGE IS TO HIGH FOR USE IN NIGHT LIGHTS OR CANDLE LAMPS 2-1/8"L

Is this the same type of bulb?

Edited by SouthernGal

Isn't that interesting that it says it's too high to use in candle lamps! Yes, it looks like the same bulb. I'll probably continue to get mine from Scentsy since my daughter has a friend who is a Scentsy rep and theirs are $1.00 each--actually on sale right now for $0.90. That's more convenient for me. She had 2 in stock and I had her order me another dozen to have on hand.