Tarts

tam1116

Does anyone put a warning label or melting instructions on their tarts? Also what do most sell their tarts for and also the clamshells. Just started making these and not sure what to sell them for. Hallmark sells their tarts for 1.99 and they are only .8 oz.

Thanks

Tammy

One of your best resources for checking pricing is Etsy. Most are small sellers/crafters and you can get a good idea of going price. But make sure not to go below your cost (include your labor time in there too). There's a sheet floating around the board on how to calculate your pricing that might be a good thing to look up. I don't have a direct link just now, or I'd link it for you.

I do put a warning label on mine, mostly to protect myself, and the simple fact that people are ignorant in a lot of ways. My labels include things like "don't move while liquid" and "don't melt with direct flame and don't use a scented votive or tealight to heat the wax melts" and other safety stuff that seems like no brainers.

Back to another thought on cost: most of your big box type sellers (hallmark is one of those) have their tarts made in a large factory setting. Some of those tarts are made here in the USA. Others are done in places like China. One of the benefits of doing it as a private individual is that we quality control a lot better than many of those places, other things are that we are able to customize easier. And those are also selling points. Also it's becoming more popular that you're a local. People are starting to care about small local businesses again (yay!)

• 2 months later...

Hi, I was wondering as a very new person to melt making if you would be willing to share your entire warning label for others to use, I am personally very fearful of brain dead idiots that will use any excuse to sue, and I am not very smart when it comes to coming up with what dumb things these people come up with. Thanks, Joy