Business Insurance

njcandle

Any updates on what the best insurance is.. From research, looks like Indie is the place most people go. I called my homeowners to try to get it from them and they were a little more expensive than Indie. They did not say anything about dropping me because I make candles. But does that mean they would cover a fire?? How does your homeowners insurance comes into play if something were to happen making candles?? I live in a condo so I want to be sure I am covered.

I have a market that will write candle makers - the premium is under $500 a year and does include coverage for you supplies - and there is no fee and nothing to join. They won't drop you once your sales are over $5000 a year either.

As far as how your condo policy would respond in case of a fire - you'd really have to look at the forms on your policy and see if business pursuts were excluded which they just may be.

If you want a quote - email me at TeriM@Ridgwayins.com

Teri worked with me on my insurance and she was/is WONDERFUL to work with. Saved me a great deal over the HSMG policy and as a bonus I have had her to contact with any questions. She has been extremely helpful, prompt and uber professional. I am saving over $180 a year on insurance and best of all I have someone to call if I have questions or need help! I sell bath/body, soap and candles.

Thanks so much - I try - and it helps that I do this stuff too!!!

TeriM

Teri worked with me on my insurance and she was/is WONDERFUL to work with. Saved me a great deal over the HSMG policy and as a bonus I have had her to contact with any questions. She has been extremely helpful, prompt and uber professional. I am saving over $180 a year on insurance and best of all I have someone to call if I have questions or need help! I sell bath/body, soap and candles.

I would love to work with you.. I will email you in the next few days for a quote.. Back to the condo issue, how do I ensure that I am covered if I impacted other units with fire while making candles?? That has to be done through homeowners or is that included in business insurance?? Sorry as this is my first time with this kind of thing.. It is the most important too because if something happens, you need to be protected on all sides

I'm not sure if it would be included in your homeowners without seeing all the forms on the policy. You could call your agent but sometimes that scares me - I have found that some will say anything to keep your business. I could take a look if you want me to.

If you place commercial coverage - it would be included.

I would love to work with you.. I will email you in the next few days for a quote.. Back to the condo issue, how do I ensure that I am covered if I impacted other units with fire while making candles?? That has to be done through homeowners or is that included in business insurance?? Sorry as this is my first time with this kind of thing.. It is the most important too because if something happens, you need to be protected on all sides