Printer Help

I print alot of color images and labels. My laser printer is slowly going:mad: and I want to buy a new printer. What do all of you use to print up your labels and such. I need something that prints clean sharp images. It could be a laser or an inkjet. Some help here please. Oh and I also don't want to spent a left nut for it LOL :cheesy2:

I use the HP cp1215 Color Laser... I use it for my labels and my fliers. I love my printer, it has settings for general printing, thick glossy paper, heavy card stock, and about 7 or 8 other settings. And it's fairly resonable priced too. Also, if you decide to buy, check out suppliesguys.com (or check them out for whatever printer you decide to buy) they sell refilled toner and ink, and I have used them for over a year and cannot tell a difference between them and OEM toner, AND they are about have of the cost as well. IMHO

I have both a laser and an ink jet printer. The laser was bought for label printing, however I found that the ink jet is actually way way cheaper to run (using generic inks), easier overall and less trouble, not to mention cheaper to purchase at the start anyway. The laser just sits here now for the odd thing to be printed, at least until I am willing to spend almost $300 to replace the 4 toner cartridges, compared to $35 to replace the 5 ink tanks for the ink jet.

Personally I don't see too much if any difference between the results of the two different printers. I guess the deciding factor for you could be what you existing labels sheets are, and usually labels are either for ink jet or laser, that perhaps that could also influence your decision?

Edited by RichardLOZ

One really important thing to remember if you decide to use ink jet over laser jet: Ink jet inks are much more susceptible to UV light damage and they will fade very quickly if you leave them in a window. They may be cheaper, but this a lesson that I learned very quickly... I had to almost completely replace one of my first wholesale orders due to this. I never even considered the fading problem. I had considered it with the wax and added UV inhibitor to my wax, but that doesn't do you any good if you have a customer that wants to carry your candles and they want to display them in a front window and your labels disappear!