Hot process Soap ?

van_yulay

How did you prepare the soap batter? What percentage of GM did you use? Did you dilute the lye in it? Sorry for all the questions, but there could be many variables. When I make my OMH HP in the Crockpot, I split the liquid amount in half (water/Goats milk) I dilute the lye in the w ater portion. Then when it's cooled to 100 degrees I add it to my oils and then I add the GM portion of the liquid. Stick blend it to trace, then let it cook on low for about 45 min to and hour. I never get the stinky GM burnt smell since I started making it that way. I don't know if this helps Monica, but my OMH is the only GM soap I make and I always use my Crockpot for this particular soap. :)

Of course there is a million ways to make it, I just alway's split the liquid portion when adding any alternative liquid. You can make the the batch in the oven too, it all works. Here is the picture of my bars, I like to line the mold with bubble wrap. I think it's a medium brown not dark brown. I use Brambleberries OMH fragrance oil.post-11142-139458480726_thumb.jpg