Blending w/ pre-blends *need opinions

Let me apologize if this has already been covered, but I honestly have been searching for the last hour & haven't come close to an answer. Also Im posting here since there seem to be alot of J223 users. For those who use pre-blended waxes (like the J's) and for those that add soy to this may I ask why you do this? I am testing the J223, mostly w/ LX & zinc wicks & I guess being a palm wax user, I am highly anal about any soot being on the jar :( I am wondering if anyone adds a veggie wax to the pre-blends to help with soot or what, if any, the benefits to this would be? Thank you soooo very much & happy holidays :)

Let me apologize if this has already been covered, but I honestly have been searching for the last hour & haven't come close to an answer. Also Im posting here since there seem to be alot of J223 users. For those who use pre-blended waxes (like the J's) and for those that add soy to this may I ask why you do this? I am testing the J223, mostly w/ LX & zinc wicks & I guess being a palm wax user, I am highly anal about any soot being on the jar :( I am wondering if anyone adds a veggie wax to the pre-blends to help with soot or what, if any, the benefits to this would be? Thank you soooo very much & happy holidays :)

I use straight j223 and get no soot whatsoever. Maybe it's your wick :undecided

Same here...I use J223 and don't get soot unless I've added too much fo or my wick is too large. I think those that add soy to their J223 do it to reduce the amount of soot, or it changes the appearance of the wax...not really sure about that. But if you properly wick your J223 you shouldn't get soot. P.S. I use the LX wicks as well, along with the HTP's RRDs, and CD's. RRD's tend to torch some no matter what wax you put them in but for me, the LX wicks have burned the best in the J223.

This is where I get frustrated. I just tested a 4" dia keepsake jar w/ straight J223, no dye & 1 oz /lb FO (Oatmeal, Milk & Honey) I tested with a LX 24, 26 and a Z62. All three had soot around the top 1/2 of the jar. I had hang up w/ all 3 wicks, which wasn't surprising b/c of the rounded corners of the jar. But I can't understand why mine soot :undecided Thank you both for your replies though :D

Those size LX's won't cut it for a 4" diameter jar. I have to use an LX-28 for a 3" diameter and that one just makes it. You might want to consider double wicking that container with 2 LX-14's to start with...but could take 2 LX-16's. Oh yeah...and be sure to keep your candle out of any sort of drafts...that causes sooting as well.