How much I pay for my website

sbs

• 2 weeks later...

After this discussion, I decided to check out Weebly just for kicks & I decided to sign up & slowly transfer my site over to them (keeping my domain name thru GoDaddy though). Actually, reading the instructions, they sure seem simpler than what I went thru to set up my Godaddy site a while back (or maybe it's just that I played long enough with setting up my site on Godaddy that it seems simpler). Looking ways to cut costs - & I think that is a good one. I always appreciate the interchange of ideas this board provides.

Edited by marcuset

After this discussion, I decided to check out Weebly just for kicks & I decided to sign up & slowly transfer my site over to them (keeping my domain name thru GoDaddy though). Actually, reading the instructions, they sure seem simpler than what I went thru to set up my Godaddy site a while back (or maybe it's just that I played long enough with setting up my site on Godaddy that it seems simpler). Looking ways to cut costs - & I think that is a good one. I always appreciate the interchange of ideas this board provides.

Isn't it great! I just finished transferring everything over to weebly and I bought my domain name with godaddy too. Unfortunately vistaprint made me pay $19.99 to "release" the domain name or else they would have had it on lock until January of next year. Even godaddy found it odd that they would charge for such a thing. Ugh.. but at least it's over and done with and my new site is FREE and 10X BETTER!!

Isn't it great! I just finished transferring everything over to weebly and I bought my domain name with godaddy too. Unfortunately vistaprint made me pay $19.99 to "release" the domain name or else they would have had it on lock until January of next year. Even godaddy found it odd that they would charge for such a thing. Ugh.. but at least it's over and done with and my new site is FREE and 10X BETTER!!

Note to self: don't EVERY "buy" a domain through Vistaprint. I honestly don't know how they can even legally do that! Geez! Still, you just saved yourself so much money that I'm sure you're beyond stoked! I now don't pay for hosting because I worked a deal with another website owner, but just remember, if you want a real good "live time shipping calculated" calculator....remember, mal's cart for free and then you can add a shipping calculator for $5/month so $60/yr. I can give you the links again, etc.

From what I could figure out, paypal charges for carts if you want a real cart and not just "buy it now" buttons? Someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong! :)

With Mal's, you mean? I actually use the FREE cart with Mal's, but then pay $5/month for a separate shipping calculator that works with Mal's. Looked like even paying yearly, if you just paid Mal's for it all it was $8/month?

Or were you talking about Paypal's cart options?

I purchased my domain from GoDaddy (approx $20/year) and host through wahmshoppes ($8/month). I purchased a Scrapless Designs template. She loaded it and I add my content. I am in the process of updating my site to better complement my new western theme.

Susan

• 2 weeks later...