Spreadsheet for Testing

Bella Rose

I finally finished creating a spreadsheet that I will use to track my testing. I initially began with test sheets on paper. Each batch was assigned it's own product code # and then I'd file the sheet away after making the batch and it keeps the detailed information nice.. I wasn't happy with using this process alone. I would be at work, or just needed to check my progress in a consolidated format instead of searching through a few pages of paper to find the sheet in my files. I am so excited to use this spreadsheet, alongside the 'detailed paper sheet' in my files.

So now when I just want to know the bill of materials for x item, it takes seconds! Perfectly organized in excel. It took some hours inputting all the products from the my vendors, but wow it was worth it. :)) Now never again will I have to write materials over and over, I just pick them from the drop down list! I couldn't imagine the paper load I would have had, after I've tested a couple thousand variations of product, without having some sort of database with all the data compiled within it. :yay:

I was curious to see how all the veterans here keep track of their data? I'm sure you all have tested thousands of scents, etc. This was driving me insane, big relief here!! :yay:

Edited by Bella Rose
typo ;x

From day one, I used Excel. I have over 1000 rows for my fragrance oils and 20 columns for each (some columns have to do with my website). I also document my wish list or rave/rant reviews I read about. That way, when I'm reordering my own stock from a certain supplier, I know what samples to add in or avoid.