So what about silk petals?

Starr

I bought a bag of white silk rose petals, I want to scent them to put them in an antique black glass bowl. I'm not really sure exactly how to approach this. Do I dilute my FO? If so with what? Will it leave oil like stains on the petals?

Help Please?!

I do the soap dipped petals, but have never just fragranced them. I can tell you that with white petals, make sure the fragrance you use is as clear and light as possible, or you will definately have staining on the white. Ask me how I know...:tiptoe:

I bought a bag of white silk rose petals, I want to scent them to put them in an antique black glass bowl. I'm not really sure exactly how to approach this. Do I dilute my FO? If so with what? Will it leave oil like stains on the petals?

Help Please?!

How about using cyclomethicone with a clear FO and spraying it on. Maybe try a few first to see how it does.

Hmm. DPG is a real possibility, I keep that around for incense.

What about using one of the dry-oil body spray bases? Would that maybe prevent some of the staining potential? OR... ooh, I didn't think of this. What about putting something like an air freshener blank in the bottom of the bowl then putting the petals on top? Would that work better maybe? I've never used them so I really have no idea how potent they might be or oily/problematic to this project.

Any thoughts on that as an alternate idea?