International shipping

LynnS

I was looking at USPS rates for international shipping.I have been thinking about shipping to other countries but looking at the cost I wonder if people get orders.For Mexico and Canada the cost is $27.95 for a med flat rate and $35.50 for a large flat rate.WOW.Cost was even higher for other countries.

For those who ship out of US do you get orders??? We worry about rates going up for the US shipping cost but what about these costs???:confused:

Thank You

LynnS

Thank You Bernadette.

I am going to check with the PO and see how to go about it.I l know there are certain things to follow.I asked the Postmaster once and he seemed to act as if it was not much different than US shipping. I procrastinated doing it.

LynnS

If you print your labels from the usps site, LynnS, you can fill out your customs forms as well, and print them out; then, you'll have everything ready when you go to the Post Office. Just go to international shipping, and it will tell you what you need for the size of the box, and the country you're sending to as well.

I dislike doing it, but I do. Singapore, Canada, and Australia are our top ones.

When you're sending small orders, first class is inexpensive (compared to priority) and seems to take the same amount of time. For larger, heavier items, its a bit of a crap-shoot. I've had candles arrive just SMASHED, which are packaged above and beyond the normal need... they must drop these boxes from 20 feet high! But it occours to me the other day these boxes are being flown, and that they are going through all kinds of scanners, sorting facilities, and belts/trucks... there is SO much potential for being destroyed...

It makes me nervous. Keep in mind sometimes they have to pay duty on the orders when they clear customs.

Also keep in mind customs can take two weeks sometimes, sometimes even more!

But, an order is an order :)

Luminous Boutique,WOW 2 weeks.That is a long time but I guess worth the wait.

Well I better insure the order then.With the breakage.I have good luck with orders being shipped to different parts of the US but one order that goes to CT is always either broke or lids damaged.The boxes arrive in shambles and some candle are a mess. Funny though.That order going to CT was fine for 2 years but just this last year it has be a mess.Makes me wonder what has happened just in the last year. :confused:

Overseas I can imagine what they go through. When the damage occurs I guess you just insure the package and send them another order for replacement.A hassle like you said.

Bernadette,Going to check out label printing, international shipping and customs forms.So far all I looked at were shipping costs.

LynnS

I stand corrected...I just went and checked, to be sure. Global Express is $100 insurance coverage to anywhere. Priority insurance coverage is based on and different from country to country, so the only way to tell is calculate an international shipment by putting in the country to see what the insurance coverage would be. From what I quickly saw, it looked like all countries are covered for $50.00, then there's a charge. But to be sure, I'd enter a country to find out.:tiptoe: