Fragrance oil hunt

cedar_lea

OK As I sit here digging through scent reviews I figured I'd thow the question out to everyone. I'm looking for scents for melt & pour soap. I blend all of my oils so trueness is something I generally am concerned with. I'm also dealing with a pretty tight budget & trying to stretch it as much as possible, but I'll sort though the options there once I have the information. Here's my wishlist. What have you all smelled that I sould be looking at?

A dark rose: something deep and elegant vs powdery and light. a little on the heady side

A strong heady amber

A good peppery carnation

A violet that is more on the green spicy side than delicate and powdery. A plus if it's a light colored oil I could use in clear soap

A fern or moss that is nice and damp and green, a plus if it's a light colored oil I could use in clear soap

A green tea that smells like tea, not flowers

An allspice (could also be a pumpkin spice or a christmas spice) that's strong, spicy and skin safe, and not very dark colored -- I'd like to use it in a clear soap

A clean fresh scent (rain breeze ect) that doesn't smell like laundry detergent or flowers

Thanks all you wonderful FoHos!!

Edited by cedar_lea

I make tarts and those are fragrances that don't move for me. I was just n the Aroma Haven site and they had three roses, Wild Denali Rose they described as Strong. They also had a rustic rose and sandy rose.

Aroma Haven also has a Carnation that they described as slightly spicy. I almost bought a sample but did not with my last order. I found a spicy carnation at a supplier I never read about and it was expensive, I think they are geared toward artisan perfumists, My Sweet Victoria but the website is www.fragrancesupplies.com. She also has something called Devonshire Violets. VERY expensive oils.

Southwest Candle Supply took over Just by Nature and they have one called Mediterranean Spice, not sure if it's the right spices for you. I wonder if it is JBN's former Arabian Spice with was very strong and spicy.

Check out Witches Brew at Moonworks for the violet. That website is www.venusenterprises.info or just google Moonworks fragrance oils

I remember a recent thread on green tea that was not flowery. Maybe do an advanced search with "green tea" and then select the "Fragrance" board. Also remember one about rain, it is titled Spring Rain and (at the moment) is toward the bottom of the first page of the Fragrance threads.

Good luck!

Edited by AlwaysWondering

Check out Witches Brew at Moonworks for the violet. That website is xxxxxx or just google Moonworks fragrance oils

I clicked on that link and it didn't look at all familiar - took me to Moonworks Apothecary. Rhonda's site, where the FO's are sold, is Moonworks Collection:

http://www.venusenterprises.info/Collection/

and, sorry to say, the Witches Brew is currently sold out.

Here are my recommendations!

A strong heady amber

Amber de Nepal type from Scent Works. I use this in all blends I want amber in.

A violet that is more on the green spicy side than delicate and powdery. A plus if it's a light colored oil I could use in clear soap

The only violet I can think of that's on the "spicy" side is Violet Lime from Candlescience. It's more greener and the lime makes it POP OUT.

A fern or moss that is nice and damp and green, a plus if it's a light colored oil I could use in clear soap

Oakmoss & Sandalwood from Snowdrift. It doesn't smell "damp", but it smells unisex and sexy! Both men and women love it.

A green tea that smells like tea, not flowers.

I was on the search for a green tea that actually smelled like green tea. None of that flowery crap. The best I have found was Green Tea from Nature's Garden. It smells more like the tea, and less flowery like other suppliers I have tried. I also heard that Sweet Cakes' Green Tea is great too, but I have never tried it.

An allspice (could also be a pumpkin spice or a christmas spice) that's strong, spicy and skin safe, and not very dark colored -- I'd like to use it in a clear soap.

Just Scent finally got their version of BBW Cedarwood & Spice. It's brand new, and I really want to order some for myself. When BBW came out with that scent, I bought everything I could in it. It's more spicy than woody.

A clean fresh scent (rain breeze ect) that doesn't smell like laundry detergent or flowers

SGS Badedas or Oregon Trails Bonzai! Smells clean, revitalizing, and fresh. No laundry detergent or flowers. These are on the more "green" side of fresh.

Elements Willow Whispers.... unisex, and very fresh! And in lotion or butter, it seems like the scent sticks on your skin forever.