Show set up

So your opinion what do you think is best to when setting up for a show putting the same scent together or the same containers. I have done it both ways just not sure which way i like better would like some opinions

Thanks

Pennie

I set up by jar size. My customers seem to want a particular jar and then pick a scent. It is also easier to have a price sign without explaining what price each size is constantly. I've tried it by both ways and this was best for me.

I figure if I ever did a show I will display by scent. This is because I am first and foremost a scentcrafter and would want to highlight that aspect of my ability. This is also because I will likely have several differant shaped products (in my perfect fictitios world) and it would encourage someone who likes the scent to maybe get candles and soap or something. It's also really easy to build a great looking display with similar products of different heights (mechandising is my profession).

However if I were someone that only sold candles I may have 3-5 different jars in 15 scents & a rainbow of colors. In that case I'd do it by jar because it would basically be by price point. I'd invest in some risers and scatter the scents to make an eye catching cluster of color. That way people would be drawn to it and be like "I want to smell the blue, now the green, oo look there's a teal over here . . . Oh how am I ever going to decide?"

I should probably clarify...I display/sell candles and melts in about 65 scents and I do not use color.

cedar_lea makes some great points about color and display that make a lot of sense. I use shelves, risers, custom displays, organza drapes, etc to provide color and movement which makes my candles pop out being the tradition constant element in my display. It's funny how your type of products can change your display 100%

Good luck and post pics when you get it all figured out