How do YOU measure HT of a soy candle?

There are many a thread where someone mentions they either got a "kickbutt" hot throw from their soy candle or no hot throw at all but no one has really explained how they "measure" HT so I thought I'd ask.

I know there's many variables to be considered but using whatever variables you use how do you measure HT? Feel free to add your variable to your answer also.

Thanks!

I guess for me it is how far the scent travels, like how far out of the room it goes or how big a room it can scent - presuming the diameter is sufficient.

I often notice that a candle that doesn't seem to be terribly strong in the room I am in has actually scented 1/2 the house because the fragrance seems to carry on the warmer air and rises above where I am sitting - goes out the door and even down the stairs.

It could also be just leaving the room and then coming back you notice the scent because you are in an area of no scent.

So I guess I measure it by "reach" or how far the scent carries.

You can decide if you are happy with the HT of your candles. It's your product. You know what you like. You know what your product should be like. There are some candle makers who want a super strong scent, where others want a lighter scent. I personally prefer to have a HT where it lingers into other areas of the house, but then again, placement of a candle is everything in this house.