Mottling Soy Additive?

I started thinking - 'instead of trying to rid soy of frosting in containers, I wish there was an additive that inhanced it and give it that mottling look you see in some paraffins'.

I started googling it but the only thing I found was Mottling Max for paraffin candles. I thought about trying it but wanted to ask you guys first if y'all knew of such an additive for soy?

While googling I did find a candle company that claims their mottled candles are a soy blend...

bw-cc_lg.jpg

TIA

Edited by SouthernGal

From the pictures that looks like palm wax to me.....:confused:

This is a very popular line taken by a stockist of palm pillars in my local area - She tells everyone they are soy to take advantage of its popularity (Despite the company who makes them saying they are not).

Have not been able to find a feathering soy wax anywhere.....:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

Either way, the ones pictured do look good regardless of what they are made from.

Rob

Mixing in different types of palm wax (feathering, starburst, Glass Glow, tortoiseshell, etc.) at different percentages can add a lot of character to the "flat" dimensionless look of soy wax, both in containers and pillars. Put on your lab coat and see what you can come up with! :yay:

Ok, so here are the visual results....

I tried just pouring into jars and that didnt work out....so I preheated the oven to 170..warmed my jars..poured the wax and placed them in the oven and shut it off...the trick is to cool very slowly....

Sorry for the poor quality of the pics but my camera is at home...

The red is straight palm and the other 2 are a 50/50 mix of palm and soy.

Now to test wicks.....

post-426-139458475823_thumb.jpg

post-426-139458475832_thumb.jpg

post-426-139458475836_thumb.jpg