palm wax issue?

I bought some starburst palm wax again, but I have noticed something that I do not think was there when I used this wax last time. If I recall correctly, last time I used palm wax of this type when melted the wax was clear, yet now when I melt it is a yellow color just like soy. I ask because last time I used the wax I was able to make a red candle, now I get a pink candle every single time. I have no idea on what happened. There is no dening that this wax is star burst palm but why the color shift?

I appreciate the concern which is been rose. The things need to be sorted out because it is about the individual but it can be with everyone. I like this particular article It gives me an additional input on the information around the world Thanks a lot and keep going with posting such information.

======================

PLR Rights:yay:

I appreciate the concern which is been rose. The things need to be sorted out because it is about the individual but it can be with everyone. I like this particular article It gives me an additional input on the information around the world Thanks a lot and keep going with posting such information.

======================

PLR Rights:yay:

I think we have a spammer in our midst.......:confused:

All the starburst I have ever used had the yellowish colour when liquid (from candlescience and Candles and Supplies). And even when using a decent amount of dye it does yield the softer (almost pastel) "pink" red. I personally like the lighter shade of red. Would probably take alot of dye to get a deeper red.

HTH,

Steve

You did not mention how much nor what type of dye you are using. Without more info, it's impossible to do more than hazard a guess. It also helps to know the supplier of your palm wax as differences do occur.

I have never had the slight color variation between different palm wax batches make a major difference in the coloring of the finished candles, although it is possible. All veggie waxes vary slightly from batch to batch, both in properties and in color.

The crystal structure of palm wax often makes colors appear slightly lighter. Palm wax will not have a uniform, opaque color like soy wax or paraffin. Take a look in the gallery at the photos of a member's first palm wax red & green candles and tarts to see how the red looks to you. I use liquid dyes and do not have any problems getting a brilliant, true red from them. If the color is too light for you, you may need to mix in a little black or burgundy to get a deep shade of red.

For best responses, post your veggie wax questions over in the veggie wax forum. You can also search there for info. HTH :)

Edited by Stella1952

You did not mention how much nor what type of dye you are using. Without more info, it's impossible to do more than hazard a guess. It also helps to know the supplier of your palm wax as differences do occur.

I have never had the slight color variation between different palm wax batches make a major difference in the coloring of the finished candles, although it is possible. All veggie waxes vary slightly from batch to batch, both in properties and in color.

The crystal structure of palm wax often makes colors appear slightly lighter. Palm wax will not have a uniform, opaque color like soy wax or paraffin. Take a look in the gallery at the photos of a member's first palm wax red & green candles and tarts to see how the red looks to you. I use liquid dyes and do not have any problems getting a brilliant, true red from them. If the color is too light for you, you may need to mix in a little black or burgundy to get a deep shade of red.

For best responses, post your veggie wax questions over in the veggie wax forum. You can also search there for info. HTH :)

Its a liquid dye frim candlewic http://www.candlewic.com/store/Product.aspx?q=c73,p752

The wax is from the same source

http://www.candlewic.com/store/Product.aspx?q=c19,p760

Both batxhes of the wax were from the same source. The first batch I was able to get the same red color like in the pictures you have however the second batch of the same wax is always a shade of pink regardless of how much red i put in. If i mix in black I end up getting purple! I will post pictures soon so you guys can see what im talking about.

That's about the same color I get with liquid dye (I have not tried adding more to get a deeper red, tho). When I use dye chips (from CS, but they are probably all the same), in the color of cinnamon or cranberry red I get a much deeper red (without using more than 2 chips per pound).

HTH,

Steve