Room Temp & Wet Spots

I finally got my workroom all set up :yay:, with a counter, wire racks for the candles to cool on, etc., etc. However, I'm noticing a lot more wet spots since I've been using this room, and they are worse on the candles at the edge of the shelves--the ones in the middle and the back are much better. So, it seems my room is too cool? I keep it around 72 while I'm pouring, but I've been turning the heat back down at night, so the temp goes back to about 67-68 in the room. I don't have a separate control for each room, and I don't want to blast my heat 24/7, but how about using a small space heater just for the workroom? Think that would help?

I never had a single wet spot until this fall. :angry2: Also, they don't show up sometimes for 2 or 3 days after I've made the candles....I'll think "great, this batch is very nice", then *boom*, a big wet spot. I've tried to "fix" them by heating the sides of the jars with the heat gun; then I trade wet spots for frosting after they cool back down. *sigh*

Edited by Catlover

I do not worry about them any more. When I would pour a tester it would come out beautiful and a day or two later there would be a wet spot. It is very cool in my work room and the way I see it is you could keep your room as warm as possible and them ship the candle or bring it to someone and once the temperature changes from your workspace you will get a wet spot. I do warm the jars before I pour and I cool them slowly but they still happen here and there and really I don't think consumers really care as long as it has a great scent and it burns well. I hope others chime in as well.

[ATTACH]21016[/ATTACH]

Here's one that appeared about 3 days after pouring (and I had turned the heat in the house down). I have found that trying to fix them makes things much, much worse! They do burn great and have wonderful throw, so I should count my blessings, I know. :smiley2:

post-10765-139458474898_thumb.jpg

Edited by Catlover

IMO if that is the only problem, I wouldn't worry about it. Customers seem to want the scent throw overall. And I have noticed when I am in the stores all the candles have them. I've seen them on the Better Homes and Gardens, Febreeze, Yankee and any other name. And as Felix stated you can do whatever to keep it from happening when they are in your possession but once they leave you they can develop them in transit or in the customers home if the temp is different. I know it can be difficult to accept as we want to have "the perfect candle" but some things are just not worth stressing over. The burn and throw of the candle are not affected and really that's all the customers want... A great smelling and great burning candle.