Change frosting to lotiony texture ???'s

sjconner

I made Soapfreak's body frosting and really liked it.

Follow regular lotion making practices.

8 oz. Virgin Coconut Oil

4.5 oz. Kokum Butter

2 oz. Unrefined Shea butter

5 oz. E-wax

32 oz. Distilled Water

.5 oz. of Preservative or recommended from manufacturer.

.7-1 oz. of Fragrance depending on strength

I made mine with Hazelnut Coffee fo (YUM)

I subbed coco butter for the kokum and 76 coconut oil for the fractionated. I used optiphen as a preservative. Last time I made it, I made a heavy cream (too impatient to let it become fluffy). If I wanted a slightly thinner texture would I add more water? If I add more water would I need to add more e-wax? i haven't experimented with lotion much and am not sure where to start on changing the thickness.

Thanks!

Susan

If you increase your water and reduce your oils you will get a lotion texture as opposed to a frosting/cream. By increasing your water and decreasing your oils, you will decrease your emulsifier, as this is an oil-in-water emulsion and emulsification is based on the oil portion of your formula, rather than the water (the rule of thumb for e-wax is 20-25% of your oil phase). I would replace some of the coconut oil with a liquid oil, and do the same for a portion of the kokum butter, as well as replace a portion of the oils with water, then recalculate your emulsification needs. This will yield a lighter product. HTH!