White chocolate

kyme1911

OK, so I know this is a insane question probally...but since you can put cocoa powder in soap, does that mean baking chips would be possible? I am making a batch of Bourbon Vanilla Mint (FO/EO blend) soap and I have quite a few packages of "Andes Peppermint Crunch" baking chips....could those be added in someway?

the ingredients are-

sugar,partiall Hydrogenated vegetable oils (palm kernal, cottonseed), non-fat milk, milk protein concentrate, lactose,flaked corn,yellow corn flour, peppermint oil, corn starch,soy lecithin (an emulsifier) corn syrup solids.

Just make up a one bar batch and test it but sounds dicey to me. Are you thinking about sprinkling on the top or incorporating into the batter? HTH

Steve

Well, I put some on top, then I had melted a about a TBS full in 4oz of M&P and drizzled it in layers between the HP. It looked and smelled awesome...but...LOL ,when I unmolded it the M&P had turned a yellow color and with the bright red & White chips on top looked all wrong.

So I flicked off the peppermint baking chips, cut out the yellow hunks of M&P, shredded and rebatched it the HP part. I still added clear M&P as I molded it, but I made it a teal color and it looks good. I will post a picture tonight when I get home. It smells and looks cold & icy... I still plan to make a log of Chocolate Cacao soap but after the holiday's, I found a blog that they drizzled layers in. But it was 100% un-sweeten Cacao chocolate...I would figure it would be like a spa treatment.

My other reason I was adding the clear M&P is because I love the look of Soaptopia soap and they appear to use it in their soaps. So I was just testing adding it. It's all about trial an error :)

• 2 weeks later...
My other reason I was adding the clear M&P is because I love the look of Soaptopia soap and they appear to use it in their soaps. So I was just testing adding it. It's all about trial an error :)

I am just reading up on soap making and haven't made any yet. I checked out the Soaptopia website and she really does have some beautiful products.

What type of colorant does she use to make it "all natural?"

Good luck with your endeavor! I am sure your soaps will be just as nice.

Leigh