Any cheap ideas for shipping products to customers?

aesnyder

So I am getting ready to open my Facebook store on Saturday and the program I am using on there, I dislike greatly because it messes everything up when it comes to shipping and I just found out today (after I have spent hours on there getting ready to set my store up) that this is a glitch that has been going on for MONTHS! :angry2: My question is do you guys know of any cheaper ways to to cut shipping costs? I can use the flat rate boxes by USPS but does this sound ridiculous:

Keep in mind I am only selling tarts.

6 tarts - (I am guessing at this one for my own bubble package) - $3.00 shipping

12 tarts - $4.95 Priority Flat Rate box

Anything over 12 tarts (which I don't think will go over well) - $10.70

24 tarts and more - $10.70.

Any ideas on how to get these prices down? I am lost and my brain is about to explode. I don't want people to NOT buy because of shipping charges. :rolleyes2

I use USPS for most of my website orders. For me the flat rate boxes are the least expensive way to ship to the states further away. Shipping to states closer to where I live I still use priority, but just use a regular priority box (not flat rate box). The USPS provides all the boxes for free. Also if you sign up for an online account with USPS and print your labels online, you get a discount on the shipping rates, and free package tracking/delivery confirmation. I pass that savings on to my customers and just charge them what I am paying.

I figured that would be the safest, but it seems like some of the pricing would be high for shipping. Do you have pretty good resonse regardless of the shipping charges? I guess it all comes down to quality of the product - I just don't want me customers to not purchase due to the cost of shipping. We shall see! Thanks so much for the info about USPS and signing up with discounts! That will help! :yay:

I would use a bubble mailer for 6 tarts. I believe your shipping would be around $2 then. You could probably get away with a large bubble mailer for 12 tarts for around $3 shipping, and then anything over 12 I would look towards the small shipping box. Any time I can, I ship first class mail. Flat rate is nice if you are shipping heavy items, but if you are shipping light you are ripping yourself off IMO.

Edited by asheebeans

Thanks for all of the information. I just did not want to rip myself off with posting shipping too cheap but did not want to rip the customer off by overpricing. I will probably do the bubble wrapped envelopes. That is a great idea!

My tarts are the usual size - 1 oz tarts.

Wish me luck. I am launching my store tomorrow...opening day. Nervous but excited! :cheesy2: