Looking to start my candle business in Spring

leslee42

After 4 years of testing and testing I think I may be ready to start selling my candles to the public. I am nervous though (like some of you were) about the first step in this direction. I will have all licenses and Insurance in place but I guess my question is this. I have container soy candles, Palm Pillars and Paraffin Voitives. Is this enough or should I add more - candle accessories, etc. I am thinking about starting with small craft fairs and going from there. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks for your input!

Leslee, I still only have two sizes of soy container candles and have done really well at craft shows this fall. I find people have enough trouble trying to decide what fragrance they want, much less trying to choose from several different products! Everyone's different, but I like the more streamlined approach. Good luck!:cheesy2:

Terri

Leslee, I still only have two sizes of soy container candles and have done really well at craft shows this fall. I find people have enough trouble trying to decide what fragrance they want, much less trying to choose from several different products! Everyone's different, but I like the more streamlined approach. Good luck!:cheesy2:

Terri

Thank you for your input. It really helps to hear from people who are selling and going to shows. I think keeping it simple is the best way to approach the business. I was at a show where a candle maker was selling soy candles, lotion, bath crystals and candle accessories. I was overwhelmed by all of the product I ended up not buying anything because I cound't make up my mind. Learned from experience I guess! Thanks again! :)

Congrats Leslee. I have to agree with Wendy. Don't overwhelm yourself with trying to have every type of product to please everyone out there.

Be an expert at a few, rather than just good at many. Hope that makes sense. :)

I agree with you and Catlover. Thanks so much for your advice! :)