Baby Jar candles

Hi everyone, My name is LeeAnn i have been making candles off and on for about 4 or 5 years now and i have a 9 month old baby and i want to use the baby jars and make candles with them. i have been use hobby lobby wax and i have use the hobby lobby wicks with the Zinc cord, and peaks scents my Question is this, has anyone had a problem with them breaking? they burn Great but i have now had 2 bust on me. Starting wonder if it's the wrong size wick. I was going to sell them but now i am having 2nd thoughts. Thanks for taking the time to get back with me.:confused: would love any help

Edited by classiccitycandles

yes it does, that's why i was wondering about the wick size, i use the paraffin wax from hobby lobby.

What a great idea for recycling baby jars!

Is your wax Crafty Candles brand?

Hobby Lobby headquarters is 5 minutes from my house and the wax they sell comes locally from OKC. Hobby Lobby is my favorite store EVER but the Crafty Candle wax and fragrance oils, not so much.

Try wicking down one size and see what happens. Half the fun is experimenting and getting a success! :yay:

What a great idea for recycling baby jars!

Is your wax Crafty Candles brand?

Hobby Lobby headquarters is 5 minutes from my house and the wax they sell comes locally from OKC. Hobby Lobby is my favorite store EVER but the Crafty Candle wax and fragrance oils, not so much.

Try wicking down one size and see what happens. Half the fun is experimenting and getting a success! :yay:

yes it is the Crafty Candles. I don't like the fragrance oil's or the Colors from there so i got mine from peaks and I LOVE THEM,:yay: so we are going to try 36-24-24z and then the next size up from that.

Edited by classiccitycandles