Attention C3 Wax Users

I used to receive my C3 wax from a distributor in Madison WI, and the wax was manufactured by Cargill in MN.

Unfortunately my distributor shut down and I am no longer receiving my wax from them.

Now, I receive wax from a different distributor and the company that makes this wax is "elevance".

My question is: have any of you experienced differences between these 2 waxes?

I just had an incident where someone's candle started on fire and i'm beginning to think that the wicks i had in the candle were too big because the c3 wax is burning differently since it is manufactured by a different company.

Is anyone else aware of this or have info to help me out with this?

I am thinking of just switching to the EZ Soy wax because i can get it for less and I am just sick over the difference in the c3 wax since the distributors are different now. I have a huge show in 3 wks and I don't have the time to test all 26 scents again. Ugh! This is so frustrating at times :angry2:

Elevance taking over the NatureWax line is old news. Elevance has been the distributor for Nature Wax since 2008... Cargill doesn't distribute it any longer. Allegedly, it is the same formula as Cargill distributed. I find it to be slightly different... If you search the forums for Elevance, I'm sure you'll find some old threads about the differences people reported, etc.

I retest every new batch of wax so it isn't that much of a big deal to me to retest the "new" C3. I have not found its wicking properties to be significantly changed; the consistency & appearance is a little different, but it still seems to throw and wick the same for me. The flakes are not as large, white and crisp as the old C3 - the wax feels greasier. It seems to be slightly less resistant to frosting. I haven't observed that it performs radically different in the finished candle than the "old" C3.

This can happen with any wax that is I test each new batch of any wax I get. There is currently a thread with GG wax that people are having problems with. Each new batch can be different from the lot before.

It sucks, but that's just how it is..

A similar problem happened with the EZ Soy a few years ago. There were batches that would not burn at all. All my candles would drown out. It was horrible!! And of course it happened during the busy season! Others also posted about the same problem on the board. (Search EZ Soy and 415 Wax) .

FYI - EZ Soy is 415 Soy wax. So if you are going to switch, you may want to see which wax is easier and less expensive for you to get.

After having those issues with the EZ Soy, I learned to test each new batch of wax that had a different lot numbers.

You may want to retest your C-3 and try a different wick size instead of switching waxes which will be a lot more testing!!

Good Luck - I feel your pain and frustration. :sad2:

Edited by islandgirl

When you test each new shipment of wax that you receive; are you re-testing ALL your scents? Do you also test each size jar? That sounds like it could be sooo expensive.

I think the distributor I was getting the c3 wax from must of had a huge supply of it since this switch happened back in 2008. Wowza!

Thank you for your replies everyone. I've been on the verge of giving up, I had my candles burning perfectly and testing with this "new" c3 wax, the melt pools are too big now. It's just got me in tears, i don't know why they couldn't just leave it alone so that it burned the same. So frustrated over this!

......testing with this "new" c3 wax, the melt pools are too big now. It's just got me in tears, i don't know why they couldn't just leave it alone so that it burned the same. So frustrated over this!

If the melt pool is too big ~ consider decreasing the size of your wick. I'd definitely pour a tester of a vanilla FO since they are usually wicker-uppers and then maybe one or two others.