clamshell question

SDM

I've got another clamshell question. I did a search, but didn't really find anything. When taking them to craft shows, they get opened so often to sniff, that they eventually get cracked, broken, and just don't look so nice. I hate to sell them like that (even though they are going to get broken to use them anyway, but.....), but I also hate to toss them aside to get put in a "pile" at home to eventually use or to get melted down again or whatever. What do all of you do when displaying your clamshells? Do you have some other type of "sample" for people to sniff or do you not worry about them getting cracked or what do you do? Dumb questions, I know.....

Thanks for your help!

Most of the clamshell tarts I sell I have in the candles so I tell them if they would like to smell them feel free to smell the candle. Most people do that or they say they can smell them through the plastic without opening. I really haven't had much problems with mine getting opened and broken...knock on wood!!

PS you could always sell the ones you have that are "not so nice looking" at a discounted price if you don't want to use them yourself.

Edited by pleasureridgecandles

what i noticed *them* doing at this past show was that they had little sample containers with the scents... for customers to sniff.. and the clamshells out of customer reach.

I punch a hole in my clamshell with a large hole punch so people can sniff without opening.. but they open anyways... sigh..

Some people do end up smelling the jars first to decide what scents they want in the tarts, but I don't always have the same scents in both. I've learned certain scents sell in the tarts and others in the jars depending on which shows I'm doing. Some scents overlap of course, but it just depends. I've thought about the portion cups and may try that out. I also like the idea about the punch-hole in the clamshell. Thanks for the ideas!!