Need Help With This Recipe Please

ladysj

I made this today. I replaced the stearic with cetyl alcohol used rose water & geranium essential oil since it's suppose to promote cell health and encourage recycling of dead cells & generate new cells.

It's a beautiful cream I substituted Safflower for the Jojoba because I don't have any. It absorbs pretty quickly once completely absorbed my hand feels very silky smooth.

It feels a little sticky/tacky until it's absorbed. I was wondering if there was something I could substitute part of to make it not feel so sticky/tacky until it's all absorbed.

It only takes a couple of mins for it to completely absorb I guess that's reasonable ya think :laugh2:The back of my hand feels wonderful .

It's not greasy feeling or anything maybe I was just wanting immediate absorption.

What in your opinion makes a good face cream? How quickly it absorbs etc? Please any input is greatly appreciated.

Ingredients:

14 oz. distilled water

4 oz. vegetable oil or oil blend of your choice - I love Jojoba

1.5 oz. emulsifying wax

1.2 oz. stearic acid

.8 oz citric acid

.2 oz Germaben II

.1 oz. fragrance Oil or essential Oil

2 drops FDC dye of you choice

Edited by ladysj

Thank you again. I do like adding cyclo so I'll replace it with that. The cream is really quite nice & leaves the skin feeling very soft. I'll give it out to testers & see what they say. Again thanks so much.

Edited by ladysj

I second dropping the citric - though then we have a lot of cyclomethicone if you're going to replace it with that! I would suggest 2% cyclo and adding the rest to the water phase, or add another goodie like glycerin or extracts. For better absorption you could use BTMS-50 in place of the e-wax (it lends a drier feel to creams), and/or maybe replace a portion of that citric with IPM (ispropyl myristrate - or something similar to that spelling) in addition to the cyclo. It aids in absorbability. Sounds like a nice recipe!