NGI Xcel

I'm not sure what that jar looks like. Is it the interlude from Libbey? If so I would try a cd16 1st I have had success with that combo. You might have hangup at 1st but it will melt as it burns down.

Soy

I think my jar was a 8oz though, can you send a picture?

Edited by soy327

Hi, I am going to try to post a pic. never have done this. If not my jar kind of looks like the interlude but it is called shell, hourglass. It is 6.3oz. When I was test ing the 464 alone some of the wicks that were working were cd 10,12,14. With my essential oils which I had to put in lower percentage, because to much made the wax spongy. With essential oils I used cd 14 & cd16. The only thing is that with my currentl wicks, when I blow out a candle it only smokes maybe 10 seconds, but with this 464, I am getting smoking up to 60 seconds. Are you using standard wick wax or HM wick wax? I am going to try to post a pic. This will be my wax that I currenly use. Thanks

post-12254-139458473211_thumb.jpg

Yes, I live in GA. I always use stabillo wicks with the standard wick coating. One day I accidently order the same wicks but with a HM wick wax, was sure what the difference was and I noticed them to mushroom more and not burn as hot. That is the difference. It should state which wax is on the wick on the label. It was a very difficult jar to wick, but after months of testing we perfectedit. Now our wax has almost doubled in price and I pay expensive freight. So I am trying to find another wax that is more local to me. I've tried the excel by itself, but It soots on the top of the jar and i did not get a good scent throw. I use high quality oils at 5-6%. I've tried the enchanted millenuim wax, 444, c3 and so far the easiest to work with is the 464. Just got to work on the scent throw and the wick sizing. I am going to try the 75/25 like you said. How long do you think I should wait to cure?

Depends on the Fragrance. I like to let all my candles cure for at least a week OCD:laugh2:When I started out 2 yrs ago do you think that happened NOT:laugh2:You are using EO and I'm not soooo I don't know. Where did you get those jars they are really cute? If you don't mind me asking.

Hi soy327, Do you had CO to every scent? If you do, do you really smell a big difference? I really don't like to add extra things to the formula, because it an extra cost added to the candle, but if you noticed a substantal difference, then maybe I would try it.