cyclo vs. body spray base?

EnvyCandles

I am not sure of the difference between a body spray base and cyclo? It seems like they both do the same thing... but cyclo is much more expensive...?

They both seem to just require mixing with FO/dye and they are ready to go...?

Can someone shed some light on this for me?:confused:

Edited by EnvyCandles

I have both... Well, I have the cyclo, and make my own spray base. I think the cyclo has more staying power. I've seen recipes for it to be used in lotsa things.. linen sprays, body sprays, perfumes etc. it's just TOO expensive for me to use it for sprays. I use the cyclo for a more concentrated perfume base. The body spray I make is with distilled, preserved water, a modifier, glycerine and FO. It doesn't have the staying power as a perfume does, but than again, it's a body spray, not a perfume. I've thought about trying a premade base, but haven't really found one I want to try out yet.

Does that maybe help a little? lol

Cyclo is a "dry oil" but it is an oil. Many people are happy to use it as a spray but many (like me) really don't care much for it. I can't get my fragrances to "stick" with cyclo alone. They fade out in hours.

I prefer the perfume base from AH/RE. It goes on light with no greasy sheen and the scent lasts all day.

For room sprays, I mix my own. Even the commercial sprays don't last very long, so I don't worry about it much and cyclo is too dear to spray in my bathroom, IMO.

I have both... Well, I have the cyclo, and make my own spray base. I think the cyclo has more staying power. I've seen recipes for it to be used in lotsa things.. linen sprays, body sprays, perfumes etc. it's just TOO expensive for me to use it for sprays. I use the cyclo for a more concentrated perfume base. The body spray I make is with distilled, preserved water, a modifier, glycerine and FO. It doesn't have the staying power as a perfume does, but than again, it's a body spray, not a perfume. I've thought about trying a premade base, but haven't really found one I want to try out yet.

Does that maybe help a little? lol

Yes, that is actually very helpful! I was not sure of the difference, and heard that the premad bases from candlemakersstore and BCN were good... so I got both to try. THANKS!

No:laugh2:t sure I will try cycle as I do not see a benefit worth the price difference!