Best way to handle 4627

Hi There Everyone!

I'm pretty new to candle making and have been playing around with IGI 4630. So far, so good for the most part. However, I am interested in trying the IGI 4627 Comfort Blend.

I've heard that it is messy and hard to work with. To those who use or have used it, do you have any tips on how to work with this wax? Should I even bother or just stick with 4630???

Thank you in advance for your help and knowledge. :smiley2:

I have found it best to work with it when its cold. Refrigerate it first if you have to. Then I scoop it out with one of those ice cream spades that supposedly have an anti-freeze inside of it. (This is so ice cream doesn't stick to it and slides off). This works pretty well. I think its easier than working with some of the votive and pillar paraffins which you have to slam on concrete to bust up. I also recommend to try the search feature for more ideas.

It is not messy. It might take some getting used to, though.

I split the plastic with a butcher knife, all four edges. Peel back the plastic.

I then section out the wax using either the same large knife or a heavy duty dry wall tool, found at any hardware store.

If you accidentally get some of the plastic in your melter, don't worry. It floats to the top for easy removal. If your melter is large enough, you can plop an entire 25 lb section into it and pull the plastic out as the wax melts.