when to add pumpkin puree to HP

kyme1911

hmmm.. well, when I do CP I discount my water the amount of the pumpkin, and add it at light trace... you might have to experiment a bit with HP and see what works. I know my pumpkin soap gets screamin hot, so it shouldnt be affected by the HP

Edited by LuminousBoutique

hmmm.. well, when I do CP I discount my water the amount of the pumpkin, and add it at light trace... you might have to experiment a bit with HP and see what works. I know my pumpkin soap gets screamin hot, so it shouldnt be affected by the HP

Thank you Kristen...I ended up adding it at trace then letting it cook with the soap. That probaly killed the vitamin benefits, but I was concerned about raw pumpkin in the soap, if I waited till the end when I added my FO. :confused:

It sliced fine this morning, smelled yummy.

I'm glad that method worked for you. I have made pumpkin soap using HP and I add it (all my fruits purees) after the cook. As long as they're puree and not chunky you shouldn't have any mold problems. Also don't add more than 1/4 cup puree per # of oil in your recipe.

I'm glad that method worked for you. I have made pumpkin soap using HP and I add it (all my fruits purees) after the cook. As long as they're puree and not chunky you shouldn't have any mold problems. Also don't add more than 1/4 cup puree per # of oil in your recipe.

OK, that's what I wanted to know...I'm sure cooking it killed all the vitamin benefits, but I just wasn't sure. I used 5oz for 4lbs. of oil. Next time I will try putting it in at the end. Thanks!

I have not made soap for 20 odd years, but adding fruit and vegie puree's wow that is different. What are the benifets of adding these to soaps?

Here's what I read about it...

Pumpkin has alot of antioxidants and vitamins C and A, which can help keep your skin youthful and replenished.

Ok. I just never imagined adding these, would it go mouldy with time, or does adding the lye negate any possible mould issues? I know you say it is pureed but would those minute lumps cause plumbing issues?

No lumps, super smooth. Except I made it with FO, that was not skin Safe...LOL

My stupid bottle said it was safe, but it really isn't:sad2: marked wrong from supplier.

sucks!

I will make some more once I get the correct FO.