Zinc wicks & 464

Does anyone use zinc wicks with 464? I've been testing for a while now and I just want to ask this question to make sure I'm not crazy - do most of you have to wick up when using zinc wicks & 464? I am using 9 oz hex jars & a variety of CS FOs (at 1 oz pp) & the largest wick I've used so far is the 51-32-18 and I seem to need to go up in size. I think I need to go up to a 60 but I just wanted to make sure this was "normal" and I haven't messed something else up along the way. I did some searching before asking & didn't seem to find an answer to my question. I've tried other wicks and I personally prefer zincs :)

I use zincs with 464 but it is blended with paraffin and never had to go higher then a 51z with a 3inch diameter jar.

But with straight soy I don't think zincs are the best choice. Have you tried the CD's, LX's and HTP's with 464? What is it about the zincs that you are liking with this wax that you are not getting with the other wicks?

On the other hand if they are working for you then go for it but a 60z sounds like over kill for that size jar. Another thought is you can try the Low Smoke zinc 21 It is comparable to the 51z but burns a little hotter and I will often default to that when I have a stubborn FO instead of wicking up.

I like zincs because of how stiff they are - no wick pins! LOL! I am so lazy! I've tried CDs & LXs but went back to zincs because of having to hold them in place after pouring in order to keep them straight. I haven't tried the low smoke ones yet so maybe I will give them a go!

I am pretty new to soy. I was a paraffin girl using the same jar & zincs and up until now, the zincs have worked fine for me in the 464.

Thanks for the input! :)