Need some help with 1343

Okay, so I am a soy user but have been lusting over the rustic pillars I see here using 1343. I ordered 10 lbs and want to make a pillar. I usually use palm for my pillars and a #3 or 4 wick. What wick works the best in a 3" mold. I have quite a variety of wicks. I have stearic but do I need it? Would like any help I can get. Thanks!

Okay, so I am a soy user but have been lusting over the rustic pillars I see here using 1343. I ordered 10 lbs and want to make a pillar. I usually use palm for my pillars and a #3 or 4 wick. What wick works the best in a 3" mold. I have quite a variety of wicks. I have stearic but do I need it? Would like any help I can get. Thanks!

Wick type is a personal preference. Try the flat ply, the LXs, zinc and square braids for at least a starting point. The sizes are dependent on the fragrance. Remember there are some fragrances that are too heavy and require a larger wick.

Yes, you need stearic. You also need UV or you'll find that your candles fade quickly in the light especially if colored. 1343 is pretty versatile and can be used in a lot of ways, but it does need the help that additives can give it for scent retention, to keep it from I guess the best thing to say is sagging in the heat or while burning. It also has a tendency to bulge, but that's correctible and the candle can be consumable working with the wicking and additives too.

The stearic helps provide more of a frost look in rustics rather than a series of jump lines. You can get either using any wax or a cool combination of both. 3 heaping T of stearic are needed for the rustic.

Edited by Scented