Did I do something wrong?

I just made a body butter recipe earlier today. After I finished the recipe it said to let it sit for several hours so it could firm up. That was at 1:00pm and now its 6pm. Its still in its melted liquid state. Do I need to wait longer? what should I do? Thanks for any help that you have.

Here's the recipe encase you want to see what I did. I did double the recipe.

Makes approx. 8 ozs.

Ingredients:

2 ozs cocoa butter (weighed)

2 ozs natural shea butter

(weighed)

2 ozs mango butter (weighed)

1 teaspoon wheat germ oil

3 teaspoons apricot kernel oil

1 teaspoon aloe vera gel

Mango fragrance oil (or any

fragrance oil)

1/4 teaspoon Vitamin E. (optional, as a preservative)

Directions:

Add all the butter ingredients to a pan or double boiler on low until all the ingredients have liquefied. Continue to heat on low for another 20 minutes (do not boil). The continued heating will help prevent the butters from becoming grainy once solid. Add additional oils and let set to cool for a few hours. Before the mixture sets, stir or even whip, to incorporate. Spoon into jars or tins and label.

Note: This is a firmer body butter.

If you prefer a softer butter, the

consistency can be adjusted

by decreasing the amount of

cocoa butter. Or just adding a little more aloe gel.

Did you put it in the refrigerator? I put it in for 15 minutes take it out and whip a little bit put it back in for 10 minutes take it out and whip. If it is still soft put it back in and keep doing it until it is completely whipped. Or You can also put it in an ice bath if you want to do it that way. Put water in a bigger bowl with lots of ice put the oils in it and start whipping. Be careful you don't get water in the oils.

That's weird that it's still in a liquid state after 5 hours. This is just a guess and I'm probably grasping at straws, but with summer temps hitting all-time highs in a lot of places, could your house be warmer than usual right now? With all those hard butters in there, I would think it would be firm by now.

When I make my body butter, I always put it right into the freezer as soon as all the ingredients are mixed together, and then I let it sit there until it has firmed up nicely (a quick cool-down helps to prevent grains from forming in my butters). It doesn't take long for it to firm up in the freezer either- maybe 15 minutes or so, tops. Then I take it out and store either in the fridge or at room temp.

I would try sticking it in the freezer for a short time and see what happens.

MarieJeanette :)