Botanical Extracts in bath oil

angella

You would have to use oil-based extracts. IMO, supplier extracts are too expensive to be using in a bath oil... best suited for leave on products to get the full benefit of the extracts and to get your money's worth.

But you can find oil-based extracts at The Herbarie, Lotioncrafter, and WSP.

Or you can make your own oil based extracts by infusing the herb of your choice in olive oil.

HTH!

I make infused grape seed oil with my lavender we grow organic on our property.. I've not attempted other botanicals yet but heres a guide on a few different ways...

http://www.aussiesoapsupplies.com.au/Hot-to-Infuse-Herbs-p-23.html

I do it in a large pot, on top of another skillet to diffuse the heat from the stove. I do it over low low low heat, because you dont want the oil to fry your botanicals, just warm them enough to release their oils. Once I've let it "simmer" about 4 hours, I take it off the heat, cover it, and let it sit another 12 hours.

I strain through layers of cheesecloth to make sure I get every little bit out. I also test them it before using it in a product. Since I make about a gallon at a time (once, maybe twice a year if we get enough lavender) its worth the expense to send it to be cultured and be sure its safe.