LLC help Do I need agent??

katshe

I am filing for an LLC in Michigan ...on the form is Article lV asks for a resident agent and registered office with mailing office of registered agent...Who Is the agent?

Can it be me? or where do I find one.:confused:

For me, here in Mississippi, I am the registered agent. From my understanding, the registered agent is just the person they'll contact in the event of legal proceedings being brought against the LLC. The registered agent will also be the person who receives any mail sent from the state for the LLC. If you are registering the LLC on your own then it is fine to list yourself. If a lawyer is doing this for you, then they'll typically be the ones listed as the registered agent.

Edited by southern.scents

:-) Glad to help. Hopefully it won't be a couple of weeks....ours only took a few business days. I remember particularly because we couldn't apply for our Tax-Id number until the LLC filings had been completed. You can usually check the website of your Secretary of State for results. They'll be there instantly...mail will take a couple of days.

Good luck!

Thanks again...we did ours thru Michigan one stop business It will update there when all is complete.

Once you register and go thru all questions about you business

You are given a workspace...

Your workspace contains links to click for each step that your particular business needs to complete and only clickable when the previous step is finished...Easy