It must be meant to be...

Between my peanut filled tealight cups and what just happened...I guess I'll just have to grin and bear it...

It's going on 4 am here. The business phone rang at 3:17 am and I decided not to answer since, for some reason, I woke up at 3:10am and was groggy. They left a voice mail, so I listened to it.

Well...a few weeks back I got an email in my webstore from someone in London wanting to buy large quantities of a couple of my candles, to arrive in London for a specific date. Since I make 5 styles of what she was inquiring on I asked for some clarification so I could calculate shipping and if I could get them there in time. I never heard back from her, so I considered it a dead request.

The phone call I just received was from this person. They said they never received a response to their request, and were wondering if it was possible still. They said they would send another email requesting the info. I just checked the email in the webstore and they are a movie production company!!! The order they are inquiring on is a high four figure order, almost five figures. They left their phone number this time in their digital signature so I'll call them in an hour. It's only 2 weeks to the event, so there's no way I can do it now as I custom make when ordered. The size of the order would have been great, but I might have seen my candles in a movie one day.:( Oh well...

ugh...stupid email service! Not sure what type of candles these are; but I'd FIND a way to make them (lol) if possible ...except would it even be able to arrive in London in that short of time?

Gosh...I am depressed right now over it and it's not even me. :(

But hey...a movie production company knows who you are!!!!! Try to salvage the relationship for future orders or references! Could this be for a film festival...gift bags to the stars?

Trudi

Well...I finally got an email from them at 2:30 am today. She said she was sorry that I couldn't fill the order for them, but realized it was short notice and she would keep my addy for the future.

She still didn't tell me which 2 of the 5 designs for this product she was interested in...but from the hidden counters on my website, she was looking at the smallest and the largest. If she had told me that this morning, well, the largest design weighs 1/2 lb. each. That item alone weighs well over 100 lbs. total. Both items were over 200 pieces each. I don't have 200 molds on anything but tealights and votives, as I am a home based business. It would have taken over a week to make each design in total for her, and with the excessive weight of the shipment, I really don't think there would have been any way to get them to her in London before 7/16.

With orders this size, I usually require a couple of months notice - not a couple of weeks. I have her address, phone, cell, and email; so I will follow up with her in the future. I don't know how she found me - glad she did - and hope that I can help her out in the future. Oh well....:(