How far in advance do you make Bath Bombs!

lsbennis

I'm not sure if this is the right area for this question, but now that I made the mistake of trying to make bath bombs I'm obsessed with it. So my question is how far in advance of a craft show do you make bath bombs?

I'm not sure how long they are fresh for or if they loose scent over time or if there is a good way to store them to keep them fresh!:confused:

Thanks for any advice :cheesy2:

Good question!

Because they have baking soda, over time it will 'eat up' the fragrance. I went on a bomb making spree and have LOTS left over from probably... 6 months ago? Most of them have lost their scent, but strangely the ones I made with eos didn't.

I bet if you're making them for a show, you'd probably only want to make them up no more than a few weeks, to a month in advance. They fizz better too, the fresher they are. At least, imo.

I have found that even though my bombs don't smell very strong dry they do release the scent in the tub. I usually make tiny little sample bombs for craft shows and dump them in a bowl or cup of water to show people how the smell comes out

I have found that even though my bombs don't smell very strong dry they do release the scent in the tub.

Yes they do. I wonder if the heat from the tub water releases the aroma. I don't know, but I have used bombs for personal use that are VERY old and the scent is amazing when it hits the water.

Yes they do. I wonder if the heat from the tub water releases the aroma. I don't know, but I have used bombs for personal use that are VERY old and the scent is amazing when it hits the water.

I think it is that the baking soda absorbs the smell like it would in your fridge and then when it melts in the water it releases it.