2nd batch of NG Soy Wax

Yall have probably seen my other post, the AWFUL 1st candles. Well, I popped them in the oven to remelt them, hoping they would be better. LOL well, let's just say I did something wrong, they look like crap! I am hoping they look different in the morning.

Either way, I made another little batch of 3 candles tonight. I am still using the NG soy wax. But this time I went ahead and poured each one at a different temp. Here are my specs:

Jar: 6.5oz

Room Temp: 76

Wax: 1 pound NG 100% Soy

Wick: HTP 83 (NG)

Heated Wax to: 185

Fragrance: 1oz CandlePro Baked Apple Pie (added around 175-180)

Pour Temps: candle #1- 150

candle #2- 130

candle #3- 105-110 (slushy looking)

Once I get up in the morning, I will take pictures and post them! I hope they are better than the last!:embarasse

Ok, sorry it took so long! Here are the pictures I took earlier today of the cooled candles. I must say, they look MUCH better then the last batch. I pored each at different temps. And again, "slushy" must not work well with this wax? The ones poured at 150 and 130 have absolutely NO white marks on the sides but the slushy one has a little around all sides. The tops were all a little rough, so I heated them up with the heat gun. Is that ok or should I have done a re-pour?

Let me know your opinions! I know they're just simple candles but I LOVED every minute of making them so.....please humor me. :o

Oh! These pictures were taken before I heated them with the heat gun!

post-12207-139458470502_thumb.jpg

post-12207-139458470505_thumb.jpg

post-12207-139458470507_thumb.jpg

I have heard that the hex jars are harder to get a smooth finish. But yours look great. Glad your loving it, I still get that feeling.:)

Thanks! I'm starting to think that glass containers may not be for me!! LOL if I see one little flaw through the glass, it irks me!! SO maybe I'll get some tin containers...that way I cant see it!:tiptoe: