Natural White Base

candlemama

I got a sample of the natural white base from EBC a while back and finally tried it out. I didn't add anything other than a little FO because I wanted to see what the base is like and, plus, the sample was only 6.4 oz and I didn't feel like doing the math to convert my M&P recipes!

First impression, the natural white base is quite a bit harder than the regular white base from EBC. The color is a nice white, maybe just a touch less white than the regular base. It has a bit of a soapy odor which the regular white base doesn't have, but it seemed to cover up nicely once I added FO. It doesn't bubble up as much as the white base, but it does have a nice creamier lather. I think the creaminess is closer in feel to a CP soap than the regular white base is; it's just not as abundant as CP soap. I'm not sure how well the lather and bubbles would hold up if I were to add all my goodies (similar to PA's recipe with a few tweaks from Candybee's recipes). I've only used it once in the shower, and it does seem to be pretty moisturizing so far. The natural white base has lots of nice oils in it and seems to be more moisturizing than the regular white base.

I just wanted to give a quick review because I know people were wondering about this base.

• 3 weeks later...

This is exactly the the review I was lookin for...I must have missed it earlier when I was posting my message.

thank you ...I would love it if you could update us on you impression since you first use and let us know if it meets your expectations.

I am a cphp soap maker and thought I would try m&p but haven't found the right one yet.

See my post help with choosing m&p base...thanks again

I haven't been using my sample soap a lot because I've made so many batches of HP and CP lately and I've been distracted by those! But the bar in my soap dish seems to be holding up better than my regular EBC white base. I have noticed I still smell the base a little bit, but to be fair I didn't add very much FO. I planned to use the soap on my baby, and I didn't want to put too much FO in it to irritate his skin. It feels nice on the skin, and I still believe the lather to be creamier than my regular white base. Still not as many bubbles. However, I didn't add any liquid soap to the natural base as I do with the regular white base so maybe that's why (I always add between 2-4 TBLS pp of Dr. Bronners because I like lots of bubbles).

I would definitely consider buying the natural base over the plain white base if I buy more M&P in the future. I still have about 70lbs, and I've been making mostly HP and CP lately, so my M&P is probably going to last me a long, long time. I am happy with the regular white base, too, but of course the natural base has a nicer ingrediant list. I will start using it more and will report back on whether I find it more or less drying or more or less gentle on my skin, etc.