Hotels or B&B's?

Anyone do a line for a hotel/bed and breakfast? I've had an inquiry but honestly cant see how I could ever cut the price enough for them to be seriously considering it.

I googled a bit but couldnt really come up with an idea of what they would expect to pay.. but did find some wholesale websites selling dial soap for about $100 for ONE THOUSAND bars and $100 for 288 lotions.

WHOA. No way we can ever compete against that...

I don't do soaps for hotels, but I thought I'd tell you that there's this resort on the Central California coast that we go to whenever we can, and they have these handmade soaps that they put in their rooms that are to die for. In fact, people have commented on their facebook page that one of the reasons they come there is for the soap! The bars aren't big, and come in a corrugated wrap with a paper band around them. The company name isn't on them(which I thought had to be there), and the hotel won't tell who makes them. They put at least 2 bars in every room(most have 2 sinks, and of course tub), minimum of 34 rooms. Housekeeping will give you one or two more if you ask each day. They smell divine. I'll take a picture with a quarter and post it tomorrow so you can see. I know they pay a good price for these, but it's worth it, especially when their patrons list it as one of the reasons they come there.:yay:

Thanks Bernadette, I think thats what this hotel is trying to do as well. Get a name for themselves, and be well estabolished as having awesome toiletries and great guest amenities (they ahve amazing handmade robes on order already!) They are an "eco boutique hotel" and they really want handmade, "green" options for their guests, but I know to give them what they want it will cost at least 1.50 (to them) per bottle of lotion/shampoo/conditioner and about .50c per mini bar of soap.

But, depending on what they charge the hotel patron perhaps thats worth it! Its just shocking to see how cheap places like Hampton Inn and so on are getting their toiletries.

I wondered about labeling too.. I mean, I dont care if it has my business name on it.. but I would WANT it too. Unless they plan on having some retail and choose to order full size products along with it, to sell in the lobby. I know none of the hotel stuff I've ever tried before has ingredients on it, but I thought it all had to... so thats confusing as well.

I did some more searching and saw that some (higher end) hotels carry... Crabtree&Evelyn, l'Occitane, Aveda, Dermalogica, Keihls, Philosophy, Frederic Fekkai, and even Bulgari in some four seasons... so there IS a market for it, there is even a website dedicated to the hotels with the best toiletries. Who knew?!? I always just bring my own and ignore whats there...

http://extravigator.com/discussion/70/the-hotels-with-the-best-toiletries/

I have made guest soaps for a Bed and Breakfast for several years. They request glycerin, I tried to talk them in to our cold process, but they like the others better. It is a pain to make them, I hand wrap each one. They also carry a few of my other products to sell to guests. But I have picked up a large volume contract from that. I insist on my info on the each bar, in small lettering, but there. I thought I had a large hotel, who wanted to offer local products, but in the end they went with a brand from their spa.